Day One Revisited - Inner-Winter

 Okay, so this is different. For the first time (in a very long time) by period has arrived before Day 25. Normally, my period arrives between Day 25 and Day 28, so this has thrown me a little.

What I can say is that these past few days I haven't wanted to do anything. I haven't wanted to go outside, wash my hair, clean the house. Nothing. If you've been following this blog you would have also seen that my reflections became a lot shorter, and I just didn't want to come online. So firstly, I'd like to apologise for this, but also let you know that I've learned something about myself: Boundaries! The need to shut-off, cut-off, and fuck-off!

 Not expecting a period at this point of my cycle, I thought I was experiencing after-effects of both my first Covid Jab and the business of The Full Moon, Retrograde, and the eclipse. Quite possibly, all of these things could have contributed to an early bleed, but more importantly, I am aware of their power and influence!

A day before my bleed I experienced this surge of clarity. Yesterday, ideas kept popping into my head and the only way to get them out of my head was to voice note a good friend of mine (who too was experiencing her bleed). In an exchange of voice notes, an odd thing happened. Our thoughts, feelings, and creative solutions were all centred around one thing. It was as if the Universe was giving us a gentle nod to inform us that we needed to work together. Not one to ignore the Universe, we have set a few ideas in motion that I am extremely excited about - and I hope in time you will be too. 

Back to Day One - 

Along the course of charting my cycle, I have gathered information to improve my cycle going forward. Today I shall start by sharing my inner-winter (menstruation) tips for self-care. Please be advised that my 'Inner-winter' section may describe some, all, or none of your feelings and emotions. This is very much reflective of my cycle and you may experience something different. 

1. Inner-winter:

  • Hormones are at their lowest levels causing a dip in your energy levels and confidence.
  • Oestrogen and Progesterone have declined.
  • Emotional vulnerability and the feeling of "going inward."
  • Wanting to stay indoors. 
2. Questions
  • What am I feeling and experiencing right now?
  • Who am I attracted and repelled from and why?
  • What am I battling with?
  • What could I use more of?
  • What do I need to take action on?
3. Strengths
  • The need to be alone and take time to "hang out" with yourself is powerful. 
  • Release any pent up feelings and emotions that you have taken in over the month. 
  • Process your feelings and gain an insight into why you are feeling the way that you do.
  • What new insights are you receiving about yourself, people, places, events, work?
  • Take time to reflect: journal / draw / paint etc. 
4. Be careful of:
  • Burnout: continuing life and managing workloads without awareness of current feelings
  • Guilt for taking time out for yourself when you could be "productive"
  • Putting lots of your new ideas into action - sit on them for a while. 

These observations have been extremely valuable to me over this past month, and I am so grateful to have a platform to share my experiences and my knowledge with you. Please continue to follow my blog and chart your own seasonal changes, taking the time to learn about YOU :)

I hope that this month has given you some insight into how I manage my cycle and how I continue to remain aware of its ebbs and flows. As always, please email me if you would like to talk about anything mentioned in one of my blog entries.

Until next time. 


Comments