Day 14 - "We can't give too much of ourselves away, otherwise what's left for us?"

 I'm at the mid-point of my cycle and for some reason, I'm moving a little slower today. I woke up this morning and felt extremely tired while walking the dogs and had a few moments in the middle of the night where I woke to feel my heart racing. I can't remember the exact dreams that I had last night, per se, but I do remember feeling clammy and irritable upon waking. Needless to say,  half the effort was put into this morning's workout, which was quite laughable in all honesty.

As I mentioned in yesterday's post, I have begun a magic manifestation journey with a lovely group of souls from one of my Withcy Facebook community groups. The challenge, inspired by Rhonda Byrne's Magic (2012), is to engage in a 28-day gratitude journey to manifest positivity and spirituality into your daily life. This morning (Day 1) I wrote down 10-things that I was grateful/thankful for, and spend my time at my altar gathering my thoughts. Now, I don't know if any of you have ever sat down and written about gratitude, but I found today's practice quite emotional once I got started. Upon completing your 10 expressions of gratitude, you must then read each of your sentences aloud (or in your head) and repeat Thank you thrice after each one.

It was that pause between each thank you that really got me thinking about all of the love and abundance already in my life that set me off. My gratitude was toward my family, friends, the roof over my head, and the food in my cupboards. This got me good!

I will be repeating this process for the remaining days of this challenge and will open my heart up to new experiences, encounters and beginnings for the next 28-days as part of this process. I am actually quite excited about this challenge, and can't wait to find out whether you are able to manifest things into your life just by being more positive and attentive. We shall see!

I also had an interesting daily card reading this morning. Using both my Norse Tarot and Oracle Deck, I pulled the Three of Cups (reversed) and the Protection card, and gasped. I honestly felt like I was being told off this morning and suddenly felt quite hurt. But deep down, I know what this message is about.

 Ironically, I have been buzzing with so much life these past few days that I have been pouring my emotion into everything and anything. Yesterday, I offered family and friends a free Tarot reading as a means of practising my craft and found a small interest in this service. However, today's cards are not advising me, by telling me to take a step back and conserve my energy for myself.

 It does seem perfectly possible that I am spending my energy quick and fast by burning the candle at both ends, but I just want to share so much of myself with others that I have taken myself for granted. After talking to a friend this morning, I can now fully understand the importance of grounding in these situations that we can so readily, and easily find ourselves in. We can't give too much of ourselves away, otherwise what's left for us?

In an attempt to save my energy, I have made the decision to contact friends and family and dial back on the tarot readings for now. As both cards suggest the need for inner connection and retreat, I too feel that I'm at risk of not being able to catch my breath if this becomes all too consuming. 

Is mid-cycle burnout a thing? I wonder. 

Until next time.



Comments