Day 6 - "I emerge from my inner-winter."

 I'm brimming with ideas and my heart is yearning for something more. I'm not sure what "that something" is, but I can feel a change in the wind and my heart is beginning to fill with light. At first, I thought that this might be something to do with a job that I've been "unofficially" offered, and I have manifested a lot of positivity in my life to try and secure this role. However, today it feels far greater than this --  so I'd better prepare. 

Today also marks the end of my bleed, but not the end of this blog. I shall continue to track my feelings and thoughts throughout the 30-day duration because self-reflection is good for me and my cycle awareness. It has been a restful weekend; films, good food, and catching up with my mom and stepdad. I even decided that now would also be a great time to clean my altar and get back into my practice. A lot has happened since the beginning of the year and I believe that my spiritual space needs to reflect that. My aim is to spend at least 30-minutes every evening at my altar and get myself back into a spiritual routine.

My period this month was a particularly painful one, so I am hoping to invest some time in myself and make some subtle changes to my health and nutrition. I want to make sure that at the end of this month, my bleed (aka my progress report) isn't too damning. I have decided to concentrate on a few aspects of my daily routine to facilitate this improvement:

1. Daily exercise: I normally train for 30 to 40-minutes (Mon-Fri) to keep healthy and active. Surprisingly, I managed to keep this up last week during my bleed, which really helped with my mindset.

2. Nutrition: The downside of my bleed is that I eat, A LOT. For some reason, I am like a bottomless pit and need those carbs and that sugar kick to get me through. Once there would have been a time where I would have deprived myself of those monthly treats, but now, I see them as a gift to myself for getting through the month. What this means, however, is that my nutrition needs to be on-point for at least 3-weeks during the month. I'll be cutting back during the day with shakes, and eating a nutritious meal for dinner to keep myself fuelled.

3. Get outside: Working at home during a pandemic hasn't been easy for any of us. I used to enjoy walking to work each morning and walking home in the evening. Not only did this keep my step count up, but really helped me prepare and digest the events of the day. Once I was unable to do this, I found myself feeling really angry and bitter. I know that being outdoors is good for me - so I will be taking an afternoon walk during my lunch break. I may even take my shake ;)

4. Yoga: I haven't practised yoga for a while and when I do, I feel instantly connected to myself and the world around me. I downloaded a digital video which I would like to engage with again, I've even text a few of my friends to see if they'd like to join virtually. The Lunar Yoga Practice by Tara Lee is great for relaxing!

5. Kindness: Finally, my goal this month is to be kinder to myself and those around me. Sometimes, I take things far too personally, whether personally or professionally, and need to address this. I know that if I can work on these 5-things this month, I will feel so much brighter and more positive. 

To end this blog entry - I did my tarot cards this evening. I used the Dark Moon Tarot Spread from Pinterest and pulled three cards from my deck. The three-card spread brought a few things to the forefront of my mind that I thought I had pushed to the back. 

First Card: The Devil

Second Card: 4 Discs

Third Card: The Empress (Freyja)

What these cards revealed to me was my desire to be drawn to the material and not the spiritual. Since the second card revealed itself to be the 4 discs and a card aligned with new projects, it could be that I'm focusing more on the materialistic side of my journey and not allowing myself to grow spiritually. Ironically, pulling The Empress Card solidified this feeling; a card of femininity, growth, spirituality, and strength. This is something I need to search for within my life, rather than the material security I've come to focus upon (and often rely on).

Tomorrow marks a new beginning as I emerge from my Inner-Winter into my Inner-Spring. The only things I need to be mindful of, is burning the candle at both ends. I need to remember that I have been hatched afresh and need to be wary of my fragility in this great world.

Until next time.

Comments