Day 15 and 16 - "We have called him Freddy because I like the alliterative sound of his name."

I seem to have a pet fox.

For real. 

We have called him Freddy because I love the alliterative sound of his name, and hope he keeps returning for food.

Funnily enough, Freddy visited us on the first day of my 28-day manifestation challenge. Looking rather scrawny and a little dishevelled, he made his way over the hedge to our back garden and ravaged the water out of the plant pots. Surprisingly, the dogs did not make a sound, but Freddy does look a little worse for wear and is currently sporting a gammy eye and a limp. I waited until Freddy climbed back over the fence and into the neighbours garden before I put some food out. I prayed to the universe that he would return and .... poof! Back he came! 

At first, we thought this was just a freak occurrence. Random things like this happen to people all the time, but when Freddy made a second appearance the following day and slept for an hour on our lawn, we knew (and hoped) that he would be a regular visitor. In fact, we happen to think that Freddy currently resides in our shed as he seems to disappear after there after his nap.

At first, we didn't know whether Freddy was a boy, but after having the unfortunate experience of seeing Freddy licking his balls while tending to the washing, I can certainly say that Freddy is a He, and already occupies a space in my heart. While I could be selfish and ask the universe to send Freddy to us each and every day for his daily feed, I know that Freddy shouldn't be too reliant on us humans; we're weak, self-centred, and would probably desensitise him (and his experiences) in the wild. For now, I'm glad Freddy frequents our home while he is making a speedy recovery.

Right now, my energy doesn't seem stable. I am noticing severe spikes and drastic drops and feel as if my batteries need to be recharged. I'm not taking a nap in the daytime (or anything of the sorts), but I am feeling that soft feeling again; that "wind-down" feeling that's hard to shift and ignore. I have also noticed that by 10pm I need my bed, staying up past this time is starting to make me extremely irritable in the morning and that's not the kind of energy I need to face the day.

Each night, before bed, I am using a gratitude rock to project my daily highlights/best-bits. Yesterday, the highlight was seeing Freddy eat and feel safe enough to snooze on our lawn. 

I wonder what tomorrow will bring?

Until next time. 


Comments